Breakfast is the starting meal of the day, implying it has to be highly nutritious yet tasteful. When it comes to giving a great start to the day, Mexican food is an ideal choice. The Mexican breakfast is highly known in the world due to its authentic and healthy Mexican flavors, ease of making and being nutritious in nature. It makes it perfect for the breakfast. Breakfast burritos are one of the most commonly served breakfast dishes not just in Mexico, but also in many other parts of the world. The breakfast burritos are based on wheat flour tortillas folded or wrapped into a cylindrical shape to fully enclose the filling. The tortillas are usually slightly steamed or grilled. Here we will share one great breakfast burritos recipes for our readers.
Recipe Name: Salsa breakfast burritos
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 flour tortillas
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through
- jalapeno, slices
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced with tops
- Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; p