It is the time to try some Mexican flavors and make it a constant part of your menu. If you have been to Mexico, you must have experienced this healthy and delicious recipe, which is exclusively given chicken based filling. We call it chicken burritos, quite flavorful and little spicy in taste yet fill your mouth with refreshing flavors. Here, we are going to invest another great chicken burritos recipe.
Recipe Name: Cracking Chicken Burrito
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless free-range chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- ½ a tablespoon ground cumin
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 x 400 g tin of pinto or black beans
- 200 g leftover white or brown rice , chilled
- 1 lime
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 80 g mature Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Meanwhile, place the chicken thighs between two sheets of greaseproof paper, then bash with the base of a heavy pan to roughly ½cm thick. Pop into a bowl, sprinkle over the paprika, cumin and a lug of oil, and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix well to coat, then place the chicken onto the hot griddle. Cook for 10 minutes, or until charred and cooked through, turning halfway. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic. Pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then finely slice the stalks. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the garlic and coriander stalks and fry for 1 minute.
- Drain, rinse and add the beans, then fry for a further few minutes. Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes, or until crisp and piping hot through, stirring occasionally. Finely grate in the lime zest, roughly chop and add half the coriander leaves. Stir well and remove from the heat.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and trim and finely slice the spring onions, then add to a bowl with the juice of the lime. Roughly chop and add the remaining coriander leaves, mix well and season to taste. Shred the lettuce and cooled chicken.
- Pop a tortilla onto the griddle for 1 minute to soften, then place onto a board. Spoon one-quarter of the fried rice and beans along the middle, top with a generous spoonful of salsa, a handful of lettuce and one of the shredded chicken thighs. Grate over some cheese and add a spoon of yogurt.