A taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables and cheese, allowing for great versatility and variety. A taco is generally eaten without utensils and is often accompanied by garnishes such as salsa or chili pepper, avocado or guacamole, cilantro (coriander), tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
Recipe: Beef Mini Tacos
This is one of our mini tacos recipes that cooks uses both picante sauce and chunky salsa when making up her family’s favorite appetizers–little taco-flavored treats wrapped up in wonton wrappers. It is juicy, smoky, delicious and full with flavors. You can also made it with chicken, vegetables, cheese, and chili pepper etc., just anything you want!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.12 ounce) package Dry Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons Picante Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Press wonton wrappers into mini-muffin cups.
- Cook beef in skillet until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in taco seasoning mix and picante sauce.
- Spoon beef mixture into wonton cups. Top with salsa and cheese.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until wontons are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with additional salsa. Garnish with sour cream and sliced ripe olives if desired. Makes 24 appetizers.