Just like Mexican spices and food are world-famous, the authentic Mexican Burrito is one of the classic Mexican recipes that is admired all around the world. Authentic Mexican burrito is a traditional and one of the most popular dishes in Mexico, where refried beans and meat are usually used as burrito fillings. In other regions like the United States, the burrito fillings are varied, including a blend of numerous ingredients like Mexican-style plain rice, refried beans or boiled beans, meat, salsa, sour cream, cheese, guacamole and vegetables. In this article, we will share the most delicious authentic Mexican burrito recipe and that is the Mexican beef burritos.
The Authentic Mexican Beef Burrito Recipe
- 1 tsp onion powder, dried oregano, salt
- 2 tsp dried cumin powder, paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 lb beef, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp water
- 6 – 8 large soft flour tortillas
- 3 cups cooked rice, warm
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Finely chopped coriander
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Take a skillet and heat oil on high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add beef and make it brown. Add Taco seasoning and cook for a minute.
- Add water and tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes. Set beef aside for 10 minutes.
- Place burrito on a flat surface. Place 1/3 cup of rice in the center. Then layer with 1/3 cup beef, lettuce, tomato, black beans, red onion, cheese and coriander.
- Fold up the burrito tightly and wrap in foil.
- Bake burritos in oven at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool for a while. Remove foil and serve with some Mexican dip, yogurt, chili sauce or even sour cream.