If we talk about the Mexican food, then we can’t ignore the authentic Mexican taquitos. In certain parts of the Mexico, the authentic Mexican taquitos are usually made using long, somewhat oval-shaped corn tortillas, deep fried in either oil or lard. A taquito is a famous American made up of tortilla wrapped with some filling, including chicken, beef or cheese. Authentic Mexican taquitos are also called flautas especially if they are bigger in size than usual. These can be made with corn or flour tortillas depending upon the choice. However, corn tortilla is more traditional.
The authentic Mexican taquitos are a vital part of a traditional Mexican cuisine and popular worldwide. In this article, we will make one of the best authentic Mexican taquitos one could ever have and that is authentic Mexican beef crispy taquitos.
Authentic Mexican Beef Crispy Taquitos
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 12 corn tortillas
- Chopped beef: 2 Cups
- 12 toothpicks to keep tortillas together
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Shredded Cotija cheese: 1 Cup
- Mexican cream: ½ cup
For beef filling:
- Flank steak: 1 Lbs.
- Onion: 1
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leave
- Water, as required
- Salt to taste
- Take a small pot and cook meat with garlic, onion, salt, bay leave and water.
- Let the mixture simmer, covered, and for about 45 minutes.
- Cool the meat and shred it.
- Mix shredded meat with cheese and Mexican cream.
- Deep fry tortillas and then place over a serving plate.
- Add spoonful of filling in the center and roll over the tortillas. Fix with tooth pick.
- Sprinkle some Mexican cream, and serve with a dip of your choice.
- The optional toppings that you can consider include shredded cabbage or lettuce, chopped onions, tomato slices, avocado slices and cilantro