The authentic Mexican foods are famous for their classic flavors and unmatched spices. Most of the Mexican recipes heavily use various kinds of herbs and spices, which has become one of the core features of authentic Mexican cuisine. The authentic Mexican chimichangas are one of such recipes that are extremely flavorful as well as spicy, being packed full of amazing and classic Mexican ingredients and spices. Chimichangas are an ancient Mexican recipe that has been around since ages. However, today, a broad range of chimichangas ae available that is equally admired by all. Still, most of the restaurants in Mexico keep authentic Mexican Chimichangas as a part of their menu. This article shares the classic recipe in beef; however, you can always amend it as per your preferences.
The Authentic Beef Chimichangas Recipe
Total Preparation and Cooking Time Taken: 40 Minutes
- 1-pound beef: Ground
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons fine chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas warmed
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Oil for frying
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Take a skillet and cook beef on a medium heat, till it is brown. Drain.
- Now add onion, beans, chili powder, cumin, garlic and ½ cup tomato sauce.
- Now put 1/3 cup of mixture into the center of each tortilla and wrap them. Fasten with the tooth pick.
- Take a saucepan and mix peppers, chilis and remaining tomato sauce. Heat the mixture for few minutes. Set aside.
- Take a deep-fryer and deep fry tortillas for 1-2 minutes each side. Drain and place in serve plates.
- Serve with cheese and sauce.