Authentic Mexican Enhciladas are world-famous for their extra-ordinary spicy nature, unique ingredients and herbs and exclusive presentation of the cuisine. In the last few posts, we have discussed about the style and history of Mexican food and some of the most famous and classic, authentic Mexican enchiladas also. In this article, we are again sharing another, known for its special Mexican flavors, and makes an important place on the list of Authentic Mexican Enchiladas of almost every chef. It is called Carne ensu Jugo (meat in its sauce) and consists of small pieces of flank steak cooked in meat’s juices, and blended with beans and crumbled bacon.
Recipe: Carne ensu Jugo
Total Cooking Time:55 Minutes
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 serrano chile peppers, chopped and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 cups water
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into small squares
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 5 ounce cans pinto beans
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime wedges
- Take a small saucepan on a medium heat and cook tomatillos, garlic and serrano peppers with water. Boin and then simmer for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Now blend this mixture into a blender. Set aside.
- Take a large skillet on a high heat and cook bacons for 10 minutes. Then crumble bacons and set aside.
- Take another skillet on medium heat and cook flank steak till it becomes brown. Add tomatillo sauce and boil.
- Now add chicken bouillon and reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a sauce pan on medium heat and cook pinto beans and add bacon. Now add this mixture into flank steak mixture.
- Place mixture in 6 serving bowls, garnished with cilantro, onion, lime wedge and black pepper.