Authentic Mexican Enchiladas are traditional Mexican recipes and famous for their unique taste variations and way of making. Enchiladas are one of the most common elements of a Mexican breakfast where it is served in a number of variations in terms of ingredients. Authentic Mexican Chicken Enchiladas is one such variations that is especially liked by Mexicans and usually found in every restaurant or hotel in Mexico. The Authentic Mexican Enchiladas’ fillings contain chicken as the major ingredient, mostly. Chicken based Authentic Mexican Enchiladas are good choice for people on diet and children. In addition, people who don’t like red meat, chicken Mexican Enchiladas makes a good alternative for them.
Here, we will explore one of the great chicken Enchiladas recipes that is delicious and unique in taste.
Recipe Name: Chicken Enchiladas with poblano chiles and corn
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 6
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium-size fresh poblano chiles, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves or cutlets
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 3/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup bottled red taco sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed white and yellow corn kernels
- 6 Enchiladas -size flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated four-cheese Mexican blend
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Take a skillet and heat oil on a medium heat. Now cook poblano chiles for 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Now stir in taco sauce, corn and seasoning. Cook for a minute and then cover. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortilla on an open flame to make the soft. Spread chicken mixture onto it and top with cheese and cilantro.
- Fold tortilla and enclose filling.
- It can be served with hot sauce or any dip of your choice