Authentic Mexican Food Recipes are available in breakfast, lunch and dinner. This post talks about the authentic Mexican food recipes in terms of delicious Mexican breakfast, served with traditional and classic recipes and styles. One of the Authentic Mexican Food Recipes for breakfast is burrito. A burrito is a kind of Mexican and Tex-Mex food, which consists of a wheat flour tortilla folded or wrapped into a cylindrical shape to fully enclose the filling. The flour tortilla is generally lightly steamed or grilled, to make it soft and more pliable.
In Mexico, refried beans and meat are often the main ingredients of fillings. In Unites States, the burrito fillings usually include a blend of ingredients like Mexican style rice, beans or refined beans, meat, salsa, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole and the size differ. Burritos are highly famous for having a true Mexican breakfast and usually the breakfast is considered incomplete without burritos. In this article, we will let you know one of the recipes for breakfast burritos. It’s a classic breakfast burrito recipe that is usually served in Mexico.
Recipe Name: Delicious breakfast burritos
Preparation time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 13 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (burrito-size)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- Hot sauce
- Take a skillet and heat oil on a medium heat. Cook peppers and onion in it for 8 minutes. Now add pepper and salt. Put this mixture into a dish.
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs and eggs white with cheese.
- Grease skillet with oil and reheat skillet on medium heat.
- On reduced heat, scramble eggs for 3 minutes.
- Put the layer of salsa and sour cream onto tortilla and then black bean mixture and scrambled eggs.
- Place some diced avocado and tomato slices. Season and fold in a burrito style. Serve with hot sauce.