Authentic Mexican tacos are world-famous for their extra-ordinary spicy nature, unique ingredients and herbs and exclusive presentation of the cuisine. In the last few posts, we have discussed about the style and history of Mexican food and some of the most famous and classic, authentic Mexican tacos recipes also.
In this article, we are again sharing another, known for its special Mexican flavors, and makes a prominent place on the list of Authentic Mexican Recipes of almost every chef. It is called the Tex-Mex chicken tacos and consists of small pieces of flank steak cooked in meat’s juices and blended with a lot of authentic Mexican spices and herbs. You can use other ingredients of your choice to make a customized version of this authentic Mexican taco recipe.
Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos
This is full of flavors, with chipotle ranch, avocado and spicy salsa verde. Corn tortillas with delicious chicken filling are ready to spice up your taste buds.
- 4 cups water
- 1 package yellow rice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 package chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can sliced olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- Boil water in a skillet and cook rice with ¼ cup oil. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Take another skillet and heat oil on a medium heat. Cook chicken with taco seasoning for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now add in rice, Mexican cheese blend black beans, jalapeno pepper and olives. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a separate heated skillet warm tortillas for a minute each side.
- Spread chicken mixture over each tortilla and half fold.
- Heat bacon grease on medium heat and fry tortillas for 2 to 3 minutes per side.